"It was almost inevitable that when Time was looking for the actor and actress who personified the power of the daytime serials, it just had to choose Bill and Susan," observes "Daytime TV".
Entitled "BILL HAYES & SUSAN SEAFORTH: Daytime's First Royal Couple," the article offers a peek at their lifestyle at the time:
DAYS pays them about $75,000 each a year, and they earn more from personal appearances, albums, starring in musical stage shows, etc. But their home life remains surprisingly simple: relaxing in their Spanish-style house in the San Fernando Valley and singing in church Sundays.We've also included the colorful front cover and table of contents of the magazine, in which the the piece ran on pages 12 and 13. Please click on the image of each page to expand it into it's own window. Then, you can click again to view an even larger, nicely readable version.
- FLASHBACK: In 1976, DAYS OF OUR LIVES Cast Was the "Most Musical"
- WLS Interview Archive: Bill And Susan Seaforth Hayes
- AXED FROM DAYS: Matthew Ashford, Sarah Brown, Christie Clark & Patrick Muldoon
- FLASHBACK: Why did Addie Williams Have to Die on DAYS OF OUR LIVES?
- FLASHBACK: Are There Big Bucks in Daytime Soaps? 1980