“An online video network is a natural next step in the evolution of gay media and entertainment”, says Matt Farber, who has launched several successful LGBT media brands including Viacom’s Logo, Clear Channel’s “Radio With a Twist” and Sony’s “Music With A Twist” record label. “The social media, on demand, and universal distribution aspects of online and mobile video are perfectly suited for niche programming. With broadcast and cable networks becoming more homogenous in order to reach the broadest audience, and online video consumption reaching critical mass, the time feels right for Gwist.”
Gwist has formed relationships with Bud Light, Orbitz, and the Atlantic City Alliance (the tourism marketing organization for Atlantic City, NJ) to include brand integrations into specific shows. Brand integrations, as well as other creative and production services for Gwist will be developed and produced by BARK BARK, a leading television brand integration/production agency whose Founder, Brian Tolleson, was the original Vice-President of Creative at Logo, and is a partner in the new venture. Gwist has also teamed with the Gay Ad Network to provide advertising services to reach brands that target gay and lesbian consumers.
Gwist has announced ten series, which include both original and established programming that will roll out in the months following launch:
· GWISSUES with Howard Bragman—a panel discussion about a topic the LGBT community is talking about hosted by the legendary PR kingpin and television pundit.
· THE RANDY RAINBOW SHOW —signature celebrity spoofs and comedic sketches featuring tongue-in-cheek commentary from established YouTube star Randy Rainbow.
· “The Untitled Spousal Equivalent Game” with Judy Gold—relationship game show where gay and straight couples face off to prove their marriages can be equally miserable, hosted by acclaimed lesbian comic Judy Gold.
· MISS RICHFIELD 1981 “Q and You”—comedic advice show, from popular theatrical character Miss Richfield 1981.
· “SO WRONG!” with Louis Virtel—contrarian analysis on why certain pop culture darlings really aren’t all that, from Logo personality and YouTube star Louis Virtel.
· “LOVE’N MO”—a gay girls guide to sex and relationships for straight men starring former WNBA star Margot Clark. From Amy Goldstein/Steve Chivers.
· STEAM ROOM STORIES—popular scripted YouTube series about a towel-clad group of guys—gay and straight—discussing a topic at the gym. From Cinema 175 Productions.
· GAY SNACKBITES—stand up comedy segments featuring up and coming LGBT comics.
· CUENTIN'S CADDY COMMENTARY–– an animated talk show from veteran animator, Matthew I. Jenkins (Adult Swim’s Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Venture Brothers, The Brak Show).
· Tina Cesa Ward project (TBD)—scripted drama from noted lesbian filmmaker and Indie Soap Award-winning creator of popular web series ANYONE BUT ME.
“We are really excited to have such a diverse slate of shows that appeal to not only the gay audience, but also to anyone who wants to ‘be a gay’!” added Farber. “We want producers and talent to see Gwist as a creative playground to showcase programming with a gay twist, and look forward to helping them find a home for their work.”
For more on Gwist, visit http://www.gwist.tv.