|The cast from Tyler Perry's primetime soap opera THE HAVES AND THE|
In addition for the month of June, OWN delivered its best month ever ranked as the #4 network in all of television for African-American women (#3 in cable) and #21 of all ad-supported cable networks in the key demo of women 25-54 driven by the network's first scripted series from Tyler Perry, soap opera THE HAVE AND THE HAVE NOTS and LOVE THY NEIGHBOR, airing on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, respectively. OWN was the #1 cable network on Tuesday and Wednesday nights AA women 25-54, with both series ranking among the Top 5 original series in primetime in all of television for AA women 25-54. Month to month, OWN was the fastest-growing ad-supported cable network among W25-54 (+100%), A25-54 (+100%), A18-49 (+100%), Households (+77%) and Total Viewers (+87%).
Key Q2 2013 series highlights include:
· THE HAVE AND THE HAVE NOTS (Tuesdays at 9 p.m.) - The first scripted drama on OWN from Tyler Perry premiered May 28 with two back-to-back episodes attracting 1.77 million viewers for the premiere episode at 9 p.m. (1.57 W25-54 rating) building to over 1.8 million viewers for the second episode at 10 p.m. (1.67 W25-54 rating) marking the highest rated series premiere in network history. The series delivered its highest rated episode on June 26 reaching over 1.82 million viewers. Season-to-date the series is averaging 1.44 W25-54 rating and 1.6 million viewers.
· LOVE THY NEIGHBOR (Wednesdays at 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.) - The first scripted comedy on OWN from Tyler Perry premiered May 29 with two back-to-back half hour episodes. The premiere episode (9 p.m.) scored 1.65 million viewers (1.44 W25-54 rating). The second episode (9:30 p.m.) built to 1.8 million viewers (1.56 W25-54 rating), growing +8% in the network's key demo W25-54 and +9% in total viewers. Season-to-date the series is averaging a 1.01 W25-54 rating and 1.15 million total viewers at 9 p.m. and a 1.11 W25-54 rating and 1.3 million total viewers at 9:30 p.m.
· OPRAH'S NEXT CHAPTER (Sundays at 9 p.m.) - Black Women in Hollywood featuring Phylicia Rashad, Gabrielle Union, Viola Davis and Alfre Woodard on June 23 scored a .94 W25-54 rating and 1 million viewers. It was the highest rated Sunday episode of the series since last fall.
· IYANLA: FIX MY LIFE (Saturdays at 9 p.m.) - The season premiere on April 13 with rapper DMX attracted 1.8 million total viewers with 1.4 million tuning in for the 90-minute premiere from 9-10:30 p.m. and an additional 420,000 viewers for the encore at 12 a.m. The premiere episode was up +22% W25-54 versus its series debut (Sept. 15, 2012 featuring Evelyn Lozada) and built every half hour +27% over the course of the telecast.
· RAISING WHITLEY (Saturdays at 10 p.m.) - The series debut (April 20) garnered a .83 W25-54 rating and 788,731 total viewers.
· LIFE WITH LA TOYA (Saturdays at 10:30 p.m.) - The series debut (April 13) attracted 1.2 million total viewers and a 1.17 W25-54 rating.
· SUPER SOUL SUNDAY (Sundays at 11 a.m.) - The Daytime Emmy Award-winning series tied its third highest rated episode to date on June 23 featuring Grammy award-winning artist India.Arie (.31 W25-54).
· DARK GIRLS (Sunday, June 23 at 10:00 p.m.) - The original documentary by filmmakers Bill Duke and D. Channsin Berry was the highest rated documentary premiere in network history scoring 1 million total viewers and a .91 W25-54 rating.
OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network is "the first and only network named for, and inspired by, a single iconic leader. Oprah Winfrey's heart and creative instincts inform the brand - and the magnetism of the channel. Winfrey provides leadership in programming and attracts superstar talent to join her in primetime, building a global community of like-minded viewers and leading that community to connect on social media and beyond. OWN is a singular destination on cable. Depth with edge. Heart. Star power. Connection. And endless possibilities."
OWN is a joint venture between Harpo, Inc. and Discovery Communications. The network debuted on January 1, 2011 and is available in 85 million homes.