The daytime soap opera ratings are in for the week of October 8-12, 2012. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, was the number one show in daytime again this week with 4.649 million P2+ viewers. GENERAL HOSPITAL was the #1 daytime network show in the Female 18-34 demo with 203,000 viewers. Y&R, GH and THE VIEW all had a 0.6 F18-34 rating.
* ABC ranked as Daytime's #1 network for the 6th consecutive week in Women 18-34 (0.5 rating/182,000 - tie) and was also the #1 network in Women 18-49 (0.9 rating/545,000 - tie).
* In Women 18-34, GENERAL HOSPITAL (0.6 rating/203,000) and THE VIEW (0.6 rating/201,000) tied as the Top 2 programs in Daytime. Impressively, this represented THE VIEW's 4th consecutive week as Daytime's #1 program in the young woman demo.
* In its fifth week at 2 o'clock, GENERAL HOSPITAL climbed by solid margins over year-ago levels, increasing by 14% in Total Viewers (2.67 million vs. 2.35 million) and by 29% in Women 18-34 (203,000 vs. 157,000).
* THE CHEW delivered its most-watched week in more than 7 months in Total Viewers (2.31 million - since w/o 2/27/12), surging by an impressive 24% over year-ago levels (vs. 1.86 million).
1. Y&R 4,649,000 (+231,000/+440,000)
2. B&B 3,400,000 (+211,000/+536,000)
3. GH 2,671,000 (-43,000/+422,000)
4. DAYS 2,366,000 (-33,000/-84,000)
CBS's THE TALK posted increases in viewers and key women demographics versus last week and the comparable week last year, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Oct. 12.
Compared to last week, THE TALK was up +3% in viewers (2.32m from 2.25m), +11% in women 25-54 (1.0/06 from 0.9/06) and even in women 18-49 (0.7/05).
Compared to the same week a year ago, THE TALK was up +23% in viewers (2.32m from 1.88m), +11% in women 25-54 (1.0/06 from 0.9/05) and +17% in women 18-49 (0.7/05 from 0.6/04).
Season-to-date, THE TALK is up +19% in viewers (2.32m from 1.95m), +11% in women 25-54 (1.0/06 from 0.9/06), +25% in women 18-34 (0.5/03 from 0.4/02) and even in women 18-49 (0.7/05).
Based on National ratings for the week of October 8, 2012, KATIE surged by double-digit percentages over the prior week to finish No. 1 among all freshman and sophomore syndicated talk shows for the 5th week in a row among Households (1.9 rating), Total Viewers (2.494 million) and Women 25-54 (1.1 rating).