ABC's REVENGE and Yahoo! have announced a new way to engage fans during live viewing of the hit series using IntoNow from Yahoo! Audiences will have an opportunity to enter to win a one-week getaway, coinciding with the July 4th weekend, at an oceanfront house in the Hamptons, Grayson-style, presented by Lexus.
With over 80 percent of tablet owners using their devices while watching TV, ABC and Yahoo! are teaming up for an industry-first, interactive experience during the last two episodes of this season's hottest primetime show, airing Wednesdays, May 16 & 23 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET). Viewers will have a chance to engage with the show in new and compelling formats and be rewarded in the process.
Beginning on May 16, when fans tag ABC's REVENGE with the IntoNow app on their mobile phone or tablet device, they can do the following:
* Enter for a chance to win a week-long escape to the Hamptons (for more details on the Hamptons getaway presented by Lexus, please visit ABC.com/Hamptons-Getaway)
* Connect and share with friends (and other REVENGE fans) on Facebook, Twitter and in the app while they're watching the episodes
* Test their knowledge of the series through fun trivia questions
* Follow real-time Twitter feeds related to REVENGE cast and crew
* Access related videos and information on REVENGE, including the actors and the plot
This partnership builds on the success of recent collaborations between the two companies, including earlier this year when ABC partnered with Yahoo! and IntoNow for the Republican presidential candidate debate.
At the tap of a button, IntoNow lets you connect with friends, discover exclusive content and related news stories, discuss the shows, participate in polls and quizzes, and even interact with some shows directly. IntoNow uses its patented SoundPrint technology to automatically identify live television content or previously aired content spanning more than 2.7 million airings. Over 160 U.S. TV channels are currently being indexed live, creating a rich database to build video discovery and programming experiences. In 2011, IntoNow was named Best Smartphone App by Time Magazine.