The red carpet at the 3rd Annual Indie Soap Awards was flooded with photographers' flashes. There were reps from more media outlets than We Love Soaps ever expected, including several international wire services. Attendees were dressed to the nines, eagerly angling to eye each other's creativity, style and joie de vivre. We're happy to see that almost everyone was captured by one photographer or another, and the web is absolutely flooded with ISA fashion. But that leaves us wondering: which were the truly iconic ensembles of the evening, the ones that proclaim, "I am the Indie Soap Awards!"?
For the answer to that question, we turned to our guest fashion editor: New York City's gorgeous and fabulous Anne Sayre. Anne starred, for several years, as the lovable Mitzi Matters on AS THE WORLD TURNS. She began her soap career with roles on ALL MY CHILDREN and ANOTHER WORLD, has appeared in a number of sketches on LATE NIGHT WITH CONAN O'BRIEN and has guest starred on series like NEW YORK UNDERCOVER. And, she's no stranger to the Indie Soap Awards: in 2010, she received a nomination for her comedic performance on GOTHAM.
Anne has analyzed and assessed hundreds of images from the Awards, and we are happy to announce that she has chosen her favorites. Here is her list of the top ten best dressed at the 3rd Annual Indie Soap Awards.
1. Kali Cook (CALIFORNIA HEAVEN): Working the LBD (ed. note: "little black dress") to perfection! Officially my girl crush for the evening!
2. Jillian Clare (MISS BEHAVE): simple, elegant, and youthful! Topped off with a perf chignon. And I love the chunky accessories!
3. John Colella (VAMPIRE MOB): looking dapper and poised in a suit that fits like it was made for him! He's got me swooning!
4. Tamieka Chavis (ANACOSTIA): looking GOR-GEOUS in this winter white frock with just the right accents! Absolutely lovely!
5. Chris Nirschel (THE NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR): form-fitting with a sexy sheen! Winning! Masculine glam!
6. Catherine Frels (THURSTON): radiating star quality in this light green dress and whimsical yet elegant apple clutch. Perfect for a night out in the big one!
7. Colleen Zenk ("Marrying George Clooney"): this woman OWNS her sense of style and ALWAYS hits the mark!
8. Jessica Press (HUSTLING): this brunette bombshell is looking va va voom in this one shoulder, get noticed red dress!
9. Anna Holbrook (THE BAY): the epitome of class and elegance with this bold pattern on a classic form! Beautiful!
10. Barry Dodd (RAGGED ISLE): I LOVE a man in a brown suit and vest! Needs to be tailored to fit him, but still a classic look!
1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8: Cindy Ord/Getty Images
3, 4, 10: Gustavo Monroy
9: Sue Coflin/Max Photos
Be sure to tune into The SFN on March 18 at 9 p.m. ET to watch the Indie Soap Awards telecast!
- WINNERS: 3rd Annual Indie Soap Awards
- Winner's Circle Photos: 3rd Annual Indie Soap Awards
- Red Carpet Photos: 3rd Annual Indie Soap Awards
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 3.28 Indie Soap Awards Red Carpet Hosted By Colleen Broomall
- Official After Party Photos: 3rd Annual Indie Soap Awards