"Prospect Park may have bitten off more than they could chew trying to produce the shows at the same length and frequency as they were on broadcast television," said Roger Newcomb, editor of the website We Love Soaps. "Perhaps a 30-minute version of the shows, or even 15, might have been easier to pull off in a short amount of time."You can read an online version of the story here.
Newcomb lamented the timing of Prospect Park's decision.
"Not only is it the day before Thanksgiving, but 'One Life To Live' wrapped production last week," he said. "Prospect Park had asked the producers of both soaps to write cliffhanger endings so now "One Life" is wrapped with a cliffhanger versus possibly having a more satisfying ending."
Los Angeles Times: Plan to continue ABC soap operas online falls through
Posted by Kevin Mulcahy Jr.
Thursday's Los Angeles Times included a story about Prospect Park suspending efforts to move ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE online. Read an excerpt below.