On episode 2.58 of WE LOVE SOAPS TV from the Love Out Loud VI fundraiser at Prohibition in New York City, Billy Warlock discusses his role in "The Normal Heart," the possibility of writing an autobiography someday, and shares his honest opinions on what daytime soaps could have done to save themselves.
WE LOVE SOAPS TV: What do you think needs to happen for the last four shows to remain viable and stay on the air? What, if anything, can they do from your perspective?
Billy Warlock: Nothing. And it's not their fault. Honestly, it could have been saved 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 years ago. It's all about money baby. Listen, it's simple. When you see shows getting rid of their mainstays to bring in $1,000 a day actors, that's your first sign of trouble. Tell stories with your core people. Get rid of everybody else. You want the four shows to remain? Get rid of everyone except your core people. Pay them. Shut the hell up. Do your job. And then go home. But tell it with the core 10 people. That's it. Not 12 Ford brothers, no offense to them. People have been watching soaps for 40 years because they love the people that they want to see. Stop the bullshit. You want to fix this shit, make it last? Write for the 10 people and shut the hell up.
LOVE OUT LOUD VI INTERVIEWS:
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 2.58 Billy Warlock
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 2.59 Beth Chamberlin, Rachael Hip-Flores & Adam Sank
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 2.60 Ilene Kristen & David A. Gregory
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 2.61 Tom Degnan & Maximillan Tapper
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 2.62 Shenell Edmonds, Kelley Missal, Andrew Trischitta, Julie Pinson & Austin Peck
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 2.63 Thom Racina & Greg Turner
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 2.64 Nafessa Williams, Terri Conn & BethAnn Bonner
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 2.65 Billy Magnussen & Sean Ringold
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV 2.66 Kristen Alderson & Eddie Alderson
Damon L. Jacobs is a Licensed Therapist in New York City who specializes in treating depression, stress management, HIV/AIDS related concerns, and grief/loss issues. He is also the author of the popular book "Absolutely Should-less: The Secret to Living the Stress-Free Life You Deserve," currently available at Amazon.com. For more information about scheduling an appointment or a speaking engagement, please email him at Shouldless@gmail.com.