Ad Age’s annual survey of what 30-second commercials cost on all of the broadcast network shows reveals a fascinating hierarchy in which ratings and ad rates do no necessarily match.
Here are a few interesting items from the list:
1. Sunday Night Football $593,694 (NBC, Sundays at 8 p.m.)
8. The Following $211,832 (Midseason, Fox, Mondays at 9 p.m.)
9. Scandal $207,053 (ABC, Thursdays at 10 p.m.)
11. Grey’s Anatomy $204,658 (ABC, Thursdays at 9 p.m.)
12. The Blacklist $201,650 (NBC, Mondays at 10 p.m.)
17. Once Upon a Time $173,062 (ABC, Sundays at 8 p.m.)
18. Glee $171,757 (Fox, Thursdays at 8 p.m.)
23. Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D $151,305 (ABC, Tuesdays at 8 p.m.)
30. Resurrection $138,022 (Midseason, ABC, Sundays at 10 p.m.)
31. Sleepy Hollow $137,610 (Fox, Mondays at 9 p.m.)
34. Hostages $133,185 (CBS, Mondays at 10 p.m.)
46. Revenge $114,002 (ABC, Sundays at 9 p.m.)
48. Nashville $107,591 (Wednesdays at 10 p.m.)
50. Betrayal $105,447 (ABC, Sundays at 10 p.m.)
53. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland $97,136 (Thursdays at 8 p.m.)
57. Crisis $90,433 (Midseason, NBC, Sundays at 10 p.m.)
58. Parenthood $89,278 (NBC, Thursdays at 10 p.m.)
59. Revolution $87,188 (NBC, Wednesdays at 8 p.m.)
61. Grimm $84,760 (NBC, Fridays at 9 p.m.)
70. The Good Wife $70,446 (CBS, Sundays at 9 p.m.)
80. The Vampire Diaries $55,788 (CW, Thursdays at 8 p.m.)
82. Arrow $47,859 (CW, Tuesdays at 8 p.m.)
83. The Tomorrow People $40,807 (CW, Tuesdays at 9 p.m.)
84. Supernatural $39,410 (CW, Tuesdays at 9 p.m.)
88. Hart of Dixie $27,691 (CW, Mondays at 8 p.m.)
90. The Carrie Diaries $23,538 (CW, Fridays at 8 p.m.)
The Carrie Diaries $23,538 (CW, Fridays at 8 p.m.)
91. Beauty and the Beast $21,817 (CW, Mondays at 9 p.m.)
GLEE Mulling Full-Time Shift to New York City
Fox's groundbreaking musical — which for the past year-plus has been splitting its focus between New York and Lima, Ohio — may shift the action entirely to the City That Never Sleeps as early as this season.
GLEE's Alex Newell Signs With Atlantic Records
The singer-actor will work with the show's executive music producer, Adam Anders, on his Deep Well Records imprint.
Will SCANDAL's Olivia Pope Have a Baby Now That Kerry Washington Is Pregnant?
Sources tell E! News that ABC and executive producer Shonda Rhimes are in the early stages of figuring out how to address Washington's pregnancy on the show. However, one insider insists it's "unlikely" that Olivia Pope will get pregnant, saying, "It would slow Olivia and the show down."
Ilene Kristen Makes A Daytime Comeback on GENERAL HOPSITAL
It's been 24 long years since Kristen lived and breathed Delia, and although the character's history had to change to make having an affair with Victor Jerome and have his baby possible, she's okay with that! "It DOES change history. But, look, RYAN'S HOPE is not coming back. Am I right to assume that?" she laughs. "I didn't snap back into Delia's personality; I snapped into ILENE'S!"
THE GOOD WIFE's Josh Charles on What’s Next for Alicia and Will
"I don't think he's going to go cry in his pillow," Charles laughed. "I think he's really reinvigorated by it, by the betrayal. He's going to take the hit and come back stronger."
Jordana Spiro Joins THE GOOD WIFE Cast as Sexy Detective
Spiro joins the show in the potentially recurring role of Jenna, a tough, funny and smart police detective who’s not opposed to mixing business with pleasure. Spiro’s character, who’s described as “comfortable in her own skin (in fact, comfortable in a lot of people’s skin)” — sometimes crosses professional boundaries to gather information, but other times she’s merely in pursuit of a good time.
NBC, Dick Clark Productions Team for 'People Magazine Awards'
The two-hour special will air in late 2014 and honor the cultural forces of the year.