The overnight ratings are in for Monday, September 16, 2013. Check out a roundup of primetime ratings reports below:
The season finale of UNDER THE DOME delivered its largest audience since its June premiere and its highest key demographics since July, according to Nielsen preliminary live plus same day ratings for Monday, Sept. 16.
At 10 p.m., UNDER THE DOME was first in viewers (11.84m), adults 25-54 (3.6/09) and adults 18-49 (2.8/08) with its season one finale. Compared to last week, UNDER THE DOME was up +24% in adults 25-54 (from 2.9/08), +33% in adults 18-49 (from 2.1/06) and added +2.12m viewers (from 9.72m, +22%).
UNDER THE DOME delivered its largest audience since its June 24 premiere and best adults 25-54 and adults 18-49 ratings since July 29.
BONES had a 2.3 rtg in Adults 18-49 with 7.8 Mil Total Viewers. This makes it EVEN with last year’s premiere in Adults 18-49 (2.3/7).
SLEEPY HOLLOW premiered with a 3.5 rtg in Adults 18-49 and 10.1 Mil Total Viewers:
* +9% above the series debut of THE FOLLOWING (3.2/8)
* FOX’s highest rated fall drama in seven years since STANDOFF on Tuesday 9/5/06 (4.7/12)
* +133% gain over the series debut of MOB DOCTOR (1.5/4)
* Gained in its second half hour: 3.4 > 3.6 in Adults 18-49
With the 17th season premiere of DWTS and an encore CASTLE, ABC was Monday's most-watched TV network with its biggest audience on the night since March - since 3/18/13. In addition among Adults 18-49, ABC's DANCING premiere beat out its competition from 8-10 p.m., leading Fox's season premieres (BONES/SLEEPY HOLLOW) in the 2-hour time period by 14% and NBC's originals (MILLION SECOND QUIZ/AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR season finale) by 146%.
Building steadily throughout its opener and growing year over year, ABC's DANCING WITH THE STARS ranked as Monday's most-watched TV show, drawing the biggest audience for any TV series telecast since May - since 5/14/13. DANCING was up from its year-ago season opener by 15% in Total Viewers and by 28% in Adults 18-49, marking the show's strongest telecast since March 18, 2013.
Social Activity: DWTS was the #1 most social series on television last night with 230,243 tweets (up +137% vs. last year's premiere on 9/24/12, which delivered 97,166 tweets). DWTS dominated the competition, outperforming the premiere of Fox's SLEEPY HOLLOW by +283% (60,110 tweets) and CBS' finale of UNDER THE DOME by +611% (32,363 tweets).
During the 10 p.m. hour, one week before its season premiere, ABC's CASTLE delivered its most-watched repeat telecast since April 2010 (4/26/10).
Monday Results (NBC carried NFL football in Cincinnati and ABC carried the game in Pittsburgh):
· At 8 p.m. ET, THE MILLION SECOND QUIZ (1.1 rating, 3 share in adults 18-49, 3.7 million viewers overall) is currently matching the 1.1 rating the show earned last Thursday and is topping both its Friday (0.8) and Saturday (0.6) telecasts, pending updates, and that's despite last night facing competition from the season premieres of ABC's DANCING WITH THE STARS and Fox's BONES, as well as ESPN's Steelers-Bengals NFL telecast.
· Versus its prior telecast on Saturday, MILLION SECOND QUIZ is up 83% in 18-49 rating (to a 1.1 from a 0.6) and up 31% in total viewers (3.747 million vs. 2.868 million).
· THE MILLION SECOND QUIZ continues to grow half-hour to half, up last night by 10% in 18-49 rating (to a 1.1 from a 1.0). This is the sixth consecutive edition of "MSQ" to grow from half-hour to half-hour in adults 18-49.
· From 9-10:01 p.m. ET, AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR (1.6/4 in adults 18-49, 4.2 million viewers overall) is currently matching last week's preliminary fast-affiliate 1.6 rating in 18-49 and is down just a tenth of a rating point versus last week's 1.7 in official nationals, despite last night facing Fox's series premiere of SLEEPY HOLLOW and ABC's season premiere of DANCING WITH THE STARS, as well as ESPN's Steelers-Bengals NFL telecast, pending updates.
· Last nights' AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR is up half-hour to half-hour by 21% (to a 1.7 from a 1.4) and grew half-hour to half-hour in every key ratings category.
· From 10:01-11 p.m. ET, the season finale of SIBERIA (0.8/2 in adults 18-49, 2.2 million viewers overall) is currently up 0.2 of a point or 33% week to week in 18-49 (to a 0.8 from a 0.6), for its highest rating since July 15, pending updates. In total viewers, SIBERIA is currently up 23% week to week (2.226 million vs. 1.813 million), which is also its top result since July 15, pending updates.