ABC FALL PREVIEW SPECIAL PRESENTED BY THE CHEW, airing Sunday, September 1 at 7 p.m. ET/PT on ABC, will offer viewers a sneak peek at the network's new fall primetime lineup. Hosted by entertaining and style guru Clinton Kelly from Walt Disney Studios in California, the hour-long special features exclusive interviews conducted by the hosts of THE CHEW with many of ABC's hottest stars, as well as first-look footage and behind-the-scenes access usually only accorded to television insiders. The special will feature the casts of the highly anticipated new dramas MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., LUCKY 7, BETRAYAL, ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND, along with upcoming comedies SUPER FUN NIGHT, TROPHY WIFE, BACK IN THE GAME and THE GOLDBERGS.
· Chef Michael Symon receives Level 7 clearance and travels to an undisclosed location to sit down with the cast of MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. for their first-ever television interview together. Coulson lives! Agent Phil Coulson, played by actor Clark Gregg, is back in action and now has his eye on a mysterious group called The Rising Tide. In order to track this unseen, unknown enemy, he has assembled a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division), and they share their mission with Symon -- to investigate the new, the strange and the unknown around the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. premieres Tuesday, September 24 (8:00-9:01 p.m. ET).
· It only takes a dollar and a dream - well, more like $2.50 - to ride NYC's 7 train to Astoria, Queens, which is where Chef Mario Batali meets up with the cast of the new drama LUCKY 7. The series features a group of friends who work at a Queens gas station and who every week pool their money together to play the lottery. But what happens when dreams become a reality? Follow this unlikely group as they quickly find out that winning comes with a hefty price. LUCKY 7 premieres Tuesday, September 24 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET).
· Play Ball! Acclaimed actor James Caan is throwing his first pitch into the world of comedy by starring in ABC's BACK IN THE GAME. Caan plays the cantankerous father of Terry Gannon Jr. (played by Maggie Lawson). Chef Carla Hall got a chance to talk with Caan about his new role - and finds out if he drew from his own experience as a baseball coach to his four sons -- when they spend the afternoon at a baseball field in California. Caan even gives Hall a lesson on how to throw a baseball like a pro. Does she make the cut? Get your popcorn and peanuts and tune in to find out. BACK IN THE GAME premieres Wednesday, September 25 (8:30-9:00 p.m. ET).
· They say the third time's the charm, and reformed party girl Kate (Malin Akerman) is hoping that's true when she becomes the third wife of a slightly older man, Pete (Bradley Whitford), in ABC's TROPHY WIFE. They fell into each other's arms (literally) at a karaoke bar, and flash forward a year, Kate finds herself with an instafamily complete with three stepchildren and two ex-wives. But Kate is determined to make this work and to become a part of the family no matter what. Clinton Kelly interviews Akerman and Whitford. TROPHY WIFE premieres on Tuesday, September 24 (9:31-10:00 p.m. ET).
· Walkmans, stonewashed denim, big hair and even bigger make-up color pallets - oh, yes, it's the '80s, the setting for THE GOLDBERGS. Starring Wendi McLendon-Covey and Jeff Garlin, the series is based on the real life experiences of creator and executive producer Adam Goldberg. Follow this family as they share the ups and downs of life together. And what interview would be complete without '80s party staples quiche, ambrosia salad and wine coolers? Daphne Oz visits with this side-splittingly hilarious couple as they dish and dine about their characters and the series. THE GOLDBERGS premieres Tuesday, September 24 (9:01-9:31 p.m. ET).
BETRAYAL, SUPER FUN NIGHT and ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND are three additional new series on ABC's fall lineup that are also previewed during the hour:
First up, sex, seduction, murder and corruption are the underlying themes of BETRAYAL, the provocative, gripping Chicago-based drama starring Hannah Ware and Stuart Townsend, who find themselves caught in the center of it all, as their worlds collide. "Betrayal" premieres Sunday, September 29 (10:01-11:00 p.m. ET).
Australian funny girl Rebel Wilson (Pitch Perfect) stars in SUPER FUN NIGHT, a comedy revolving around three best friends trying to survive young adulthood with one riotous adventure. All the super fun begins Wednesday, October 2 (9:31-10:00 p.m. ET).
In Victorian England, young and beautiful Alice (Sophie Lowe) tells an impossible tale of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole. An invisible cat, a hookah-smoking caterpillar and playing cards that talk are just some of the fantastic things she's seen on her adventure. Surely this troubled girl must be insane. Her doctors intend to cure her with a treatment that will make her forget - everything. Alice seems ready to put it all behind her, especially the painful memory of the genie she fell in love with and lost forever, the handsome and mysterious Cyrus (Peter Gadiot.) But in her heart Alice knows this world is real, and just in the nick of time, the sardonic Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha) and the irrepressible White Rabbit (John Lithgow) arrive to save her from her fate. Together the trio will take a tumble down the rabbit hole to Wonderland, where nothing is impossible, on ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND, premiering Thursday, October 10 (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET).