OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network has scored its highest rated week in network history (Week of May 27) across the key demos in total day led by the premiere of Tyler Perry's new soap opera THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS (Tuesdays at 9 p.m.) and LOVE THY NEIGHBOR (Wednesdays at 9 p.m.). In addition, OWN ranked #12 for the week among all ad-supported cable networks for women 25-54 and ranked as the #2 network in all of television for the week for African American W25-54 in primetime.
Key Programming Highlights For the Week of May 27:
THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS *Series Premiere
· Highest rated series premiere on OWN
· 1.6 W25-54 rating; 1.77 million total viewers (Tuesday, May 28 at 9 p.m.)
· 1.7 W25-54 rating; 1.8 million total viewers (Tuesday, May 28 at 10 p.m.)
· Both episodes ranked in Top 10 for Tuesday night telecasts among all Women
· Ranked #1 and #2 Tuesday night among all broadcast and cable for African American W25-54
The cast of THE HAVES AND THE HAVE NOTS features a number of former daytime soap opera stars including Tika Sumpter, Peter Parros, Gavin Houston and Eva Tamargo.
LOVE THY NEIGHBOR *Series Premiere
· 1.4 W25-54 rating; 1.65 million total viewers (Wednesday, May 29 at 9 p.m.)
· 1.6 W25-54 rating; 1.8 million total viewers (Wednesday, May 29 at 9:30 p.m.)
· Both episodes ranked in Top 10 for Wednesday night telecasts among all Women 25-54 and Women 18-49
- FLASHBACK 2011: Why Oprah Says She Can't Save The Soap Operas