For weeks I've been wrestling with a big industry question mark that just keeps getting bigger (and more twisted). Rumors - some from reliable sources - about a certain former executive and his improbable (or is it) present consulting gig.
LinkedIn puts me in the same circles as a certain Mr. Brian Frons - you know how it works. Algorithms! Anyway, LinkedIn keeps telling me the former ABC (and CBS and NBC) daytime chief is among the people I "may know". Since being ousted from ABC, Frons has worked for his own Frons Consulting, LLC company. LinkedIn wants to keep me abreast of his career. And what is he up to?
He's presently "confidentially consulting in the following areas: channel feasibility and startup, development and positioning as well as all aspects of program strategy, program development, acquisition and scheduling."
After weeks of questions from fans and colleagues (who always think I know more than I do!) about whether "it's really true Brian Frons is behind OLTL and AMC on TOLN" it's come to the point where I (I still can hardly believe it) can no longer dismiss these rumors. In fact, I think I need someone to disabuse me of the very peculiar notion that Frons is consulting ("confidentially"; never seen that in a consultant's profile befor, have you?) on the launch of ONE LIFE TO LIVE and ALL MY CHILDREN on The OnLine Network's new "channel"?
I reached out to Prospect Park for confirmation this couldn't possibly be true, and still waiting on that response. Stay tuned.
So who is it that Frons could he be consulting for? How many other current projects in his soap-world bailiwick, fitting the LinkedIn description, are there? I'm starting to believe that Frons is consulting for Prospect Park. Tell us what you think? What do you think Frons is up to now?
- Prospect Park Sets Millions of Soap Fan Hearts at Ease: Brian Frons NOT Involved with OLTL and AMC Return
- LAW SUIT: A View Through the Looking Glass at the Prospect Park vs. ABC Lawsuit
- OUT: Grim Reaper of Soaps Brian Frons Leaves ABC Disney (Fired?); Scythe Passed to Unscripted Advocate Vicki Dummer; What is Times Square Studios?
- Brian Frons: I "pre-entered the witness protection program"
- Brian Frons: Never imagined "I’d be the guy to take two of the shows off"
- CLASSIC CLIP: Brian Frons plays God on SANTA BARBARA (1989)
- FLASHBACK: Brian Frons Has Ideas for Daytime 1982
- Prospect Park Sues ABC For $25M Over ONE LIFE TO LIVE & ALL MY CHILDREN Licensing Agreement