THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL experience – which launches today on the CBS Connect App – marks the first synced second-screen experience for any daytime television program on network TV. The app lets THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL fans dig deeper into the show’s main storylines, learn more about the Forrester, Logan and Spencer families, and discover more about the actors who portray the iconic characters.
While fans watch the show live on their local CBS station, on-demand or via their DVR, the CBS Connect app’s sync function pinpoints which episode is being watched and tailors the experience accordingly. For instance, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL experience will offer fans:
- Unique slideshows offering contextual historical moments, such as Brooke’s past lovers
- Interactive polls, such as: “Is Liam too immature to be in a relationship with Hope?”
- Tidbits like the name of the real-life designer whose gowns serve as props for Forrester Creations’ dresses (spoiler alert: Monique Lhuiller)
- Behind-the-scenes access to the show’s famous sets
- Makeup tips from the show’s stars (spoiler alert: Katherine Kelly Lang’s favorite go-to lip gloss is Mac’s Viva Glam 5)
- The ability to interact with other fans, the show’s stars and creative talent via Twitter
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL’s synced second-screen experience joins the CBS Connect app’s existing roster of second-screen features for CBS Television shows including CRIMINAL MINDS, CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION, HAWAII FIVE-0 and NCIS: LOS ANGELES. The CBS Connect App is free and available for download from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cbs-connect/id580706786?mt=8
For more than two decades, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL has explored the entangled lives, passionate loves, high-stakes battles, loyalties, tragedies and the inspiring triumphs of the Forrester, Logan, and Spencer families. With sensuality, complex characters and intricate and compelling storylines, B&B is at its core a gripping tale of high-fashion glamour, honor and most importantly family.
THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL, which celebrated its 26th anniversary on March 23, 2013, is a Bell-Phillip Television production, broadcast weekdays (1:30-2:00 PM, ET; 12:30-1:00 PM, PT) on the CBS Television Network. Bradley P. Bell is the Executive Producer and Head Writer. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL is the first and only daytime drama to simulcast in Spanish utilizing SAP (Secondary Audio Program) technology.