For 50 years, GENERAL HOSPITAL has entertained and amazed its viewers with unforgettable romance, action and cutting-edge story lines. To celebrate the pop icon’s golden anniversary, Katie Couric and 20/20 travel to the fictional town of Port Charles to experience first-hand the passion, intrigue and adventure that has made the daytime soap opera the longest running scripted drama currently on television.
The hour program will feature interviews with fan favorites including Tony Geary, Genie Francis, Maurice Benard, Jack Wagner, Rick Springfield, many other cast members, and Executive Producer Frank Valentini.
20/20 goes behind-the-scenes and offers a visitor’s guide to Port Charles and its residents, and show how love in the afternoon has changed dramatically.
The special will also look at how GENERAL HOSPITAL has been the launching pad for many actors including Demi Moore, John Stamos, Kristin Davis and Richard Simmons, as well as for chart-topping music hits; and how it has led the way in cultural stories like HIV, teen sex, working moms, birth control and breast cancer.
Anchored by Katie Couric, GENERAL HOSPITAL – THE REAL SOAP DISH, A Special Edition of 20/20, airs Saturday, April 6 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.
Check out a promo and more behind the scenes photos below:
Photo Credit: Ron Tom/ABC
Watch the 20/20 special below:
- ABC Partners With amfAR For Nurses' Ball
- SOAPnet's 50-Hour GENERAL HOSPITAL Marathon Kicks Off With Very First Episode
- GENERAL HOSPITAL Nurses Ball Photos [SPOILER ALERT]
- WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE Celebrates 50 Years Of GENERAL HOSPITAL
- New photo of the GENERAL HOSPITAL cast
- GENERAL HOSPITAL Classic Photo Of The Day (1983 Cast Sketch)