The daytime Nielsen ratings are in for the week of January 21-25, 2013. GENERAL HOSPITAL was up in total viewers and the Women 18-49 demo, and LET'S MAKE A DEAL and THE CHEW each had their most-watched weeks ever new.
Total Viewers (versus previous week/versus same week last year)
1. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 4,573,000 (-80,000/-390,000)
2. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 3,492,000 (-125,000/-134,000)
3. GENERAL HOSPITAL 2,908,000 (+108,000/+608,000)
4. DAYS OF OUR LIVES 2,733,000 (-41,000/+194,000)
1. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 3.4/10 (same/-.2)
2. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 2.6/8 (same/same)
3. GENERAL HOSPITAL 2.1/6 (same/+.4)
3. DAYS OF OUR LIVES 2.1/6 (same/+.2)
Women 18-49 Viewers
1. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 803,000 (-20,000/-155,000)
2. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 657,000 (-74,000/-144,000)
3. GENERAL HOSPITAL 646,000 (+4,000/+54,000)
4. DAYS OF OUR LIVES 591,000 (-43,000/+60,000)
During the week of January 21, 2013, ABC ranked as Daytime's #1 network for the 3rd week in a row in Women 18-34 (0.6 rating/198,000 - tied), and for the 19th time in the prior 20 weeks, posting the largest year-to-year increases of any broadcast network in the demo (+37% vs. +15% NBC/-20% CBS).
* Gaining viewers for the 3rd consecutive week, THE CHEW recorded its most-watched week on record in Total Viewers (2.628 million), up by a solid 12% year to year (vs. 2.345 million).
* GENERAL HOSPITAL and THE VIEW tied as Daytime's #1 program in Women 18-34 (0.7 ratings apiece), marking GENERAL HOSPITAL's 10th time in the past 11 weeks to rank #1 in the key demo.
* Boasting season highs, THE VIEW delivered its most-watched week in 8 months in Total Viewers (3.440 million - since week of 5/14/12).
LET'S MAKE A DEAL 1 and LET'S MAKE A DEAL 2 both delivered their largest audiences ever, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Jan. 25.
LET'S MAKE A DEAL 1 averaged an all-time high 2.91 million viewers and a 1.0/06 in women 25-54, its best performance in that demographic in a year (week ending Jan. 27, 2012).
LET'S MAKE A DEAL 2 averaged a series-high 3.37 million viewers, best-ever 0.8/06 in women 18-49 and matched its all-time high in women 25-54 (1.1/07).