ELECTION DAY: Office Cat Predicts Winner, Staff Cheers Results as Lifetime Television Sponsors Official We Love Soaps Election Night Party
Posted by Kevin Mulcahy Jr.
Watch this space all evening for fun photos as we celebrate Democracy, and America, and revel in the conclusion of that two billion dollar, real-life soap opera that has been the 2012 election.
This is going to be a festive, whimsical and educational event! And you can join us via the Comments section below.
When our big box from Lifetime arrived in the mail, marked, "fragile," the fun began. It was filled to brim; a red, white and blue explosion of patriotic swag:
- Four cocktail glasses
- One cocktail shaker (three pieces)
- Butter Microwave Popcorn
- Your Life. Your Time. Your Vote. Coasters (four)
- Flyer for The 2012 Project, an initiative supporting women running for office
- Blue and red confetti
- One bottle of red nail polish, one bottle of blue
- Strawberry daiquiri mix!
- An electoral map to color in with our own predictions and then, the results
- A fascinating and attractive discussion guide.
The office cats were very excited about the party kit. They love politics almost as much as they love daytime soaps. Taking turns in the box, playing with the confetti, they conferred and then offered their prediction.
The Tabby, Mary Jane, spoke on behalf her and her brother, Fatty. After almost an hour of carefully considering the blue and red confetti pieces, there was a clear conclusion.
Barack Obama will win tonight's election. Fatty and Mary Jane have never been wrong.