The daytime soap opera ratings are in for the week of November 12-16, 2012.
Daytime Soap Operas Female 18-34 Demo Rating/Viewers (previous week):
1. GENERAL HOSPITAL 0.8/275,000 (0.8/294,000)
2. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 0.6/187,000 (0.6/191,000)
3. DAYS OF OUR LIVES 0.5/175,000 (0.6/217,000)
4. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 0.5/157,000 (0.5/153,000)
Daytime Soap Operas Female 18-49 Demo Rating/Viewers (previous week):
1. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 1.2/799,000 (1.2/778,000)
2. GENERAL HOSPITAL 1.1/697,000 (1.1/679,000)
3. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 1.1/680,000 (1.0/608,000)
4. DAYS OF OUR LIVES 0.9/549,000 (0.9/606,000)
Daytime Soap Operas Female 25-54 Demo (rating/viewers):
1. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 1.9/1,171,000 (1.9/1,132,000)
2. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 1.5/935,0000 (1.4/851,000)
3. GENERAL HOSPITAL 1.4/863,000 (1.4/865,000)
4. DAYS OF OUR LIVES 1.1/688,000 (1.2/741,000)
* ABC stood as Daytime's #1 network for the 10th consecutive week in Women 18-34 (0.7 rating/239,000), and was #1 for the 6th straight week in Women 18-49 (0.9 rating/599,000 - tied).
* GENERAL HOSPITAL qualified as Daytime's #1 program for the 6th time in the previous 7 weeks in Women 18-34 (0.8 rating/275,000), rising to a 2-year high in the target demo - since week of 11/8/10.
o GENERAL HOSPITAL surged over year-ago levels in key measures, including by 19% in Total Viewers (2.81 million vs. 2.37 million), by 55% in Women 18-34 (275,000 vs. 177,000) and by 10% in Women 18-49 (697,000 vs. 635,000).
* In the final week before holiday cooking season, THE CHEW virtually equaled last week's series high in Women 18-34 (194,000 vs. 195,000), ranking among the week's Top 5 daytime programs for the 2nd consecutive week (0.6 rating), and hit a 10-month high in Total Viewers (2.56 million) and 9-month high in Women 18-49 (482,000) - since weeks of 1/9/12 and 2/20/12, respectively.
Following are the Daytime lineup averages, plus Top 5 Programs ranks among key Women, sorted by Women 18-49:
CBS's THE TALK, network television's fastest-growing daytime talk show, delivered an audience of 2.40 million viewers and 1.1/06 in women 25-54, its best performances in those measures since the week of June 25, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Nov. 16.
Compared to the same week last year, THE TALK is +15% in viewers (2.40m from 2.09m) and +10% in women 25-54 (1.1/06 from 1.0/06).
- THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL Photo Book, DVD Released In November
- Stefano DiMera's Many DAYS OF OUR LIVES Deaths
- 6 Memorable Athlete Soap Opera Cameos
- 30 Dynamic Duos of Daytime Soaps: The Complete List
INTERVIEWS: Kin Shriner Lynn Herring (Part 2) Danna García Robin Mattson Kristian Alfonso
CASTING NEWS: Darin Brooks joining B&B Michelle Stafford leaving Y&R Hunter Tylo leaving B&B
Daytime Emmy Nominations Revealed! Jeanne Cooper dead at 84 - Tribute planned
ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE shakeup writing teams - Updated AMC/OLTL spoilers