The season two return of ONCE UPON A TIME (11 million viewers, 3.8 adults 18-49 demo) was last night’s top-rated entertainment show and returned down only 5 percent from last year’s high flying series premiere. REVENGE (9.5 million, 3.2), in its new time period, did well too. 666 PARK AVENUE (7 million, 2.2)was down 29 percent from the premiere of PAN AM in this slot last year.
On ABC, the season premiere of ONCE UPON A TIME garnered a 3.8 adults 18-49 rating, down 5% from a 4.0 adults 18-49 rating for its series premiere on October 23, 2011.Most of your predictions were right. REVENGE premiered to a 3.2 adults 18-49 rating, down 3% from a 3.3 for its series premiere on Wednesday, September 21, 2011, and matching the performance of last season's DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES premiere in the time period on September 25, 2011. It ranked as the show's second highest rated episode ever among adults 18-49. The series premiere of 666 PARK AVENUE scored a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating, down 29% from a 3.1 for PAN AM's series premiere on September 25, 2011.
On CBS, THE GOOD WIFE garnered a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating, down 18% from a 2.2 for last season's premiere on September 25, 2011 and ranking as its lowest rated premiere ever.
On the heels of sweeping the major drama categories at the Emmys, HOMELAND returned for its second season up a giant 60 percent from its season one premiere. With 1.73 million viewers at 10 p.m. and 2.07 million viewers for the night , the season two premiere of HOMELAND:
· Delivered the largest season two premiere audience ever for Showtime, outperforming Shameless season two (vs. 1.58 million) by nine percent.
· Attracted the largest audience for Homeland yet, outperforming the S1 premiere by 60% at 10 p.m. (vs. 1.08 million) and up versus last year’s finale (1.7 million).
· For the night, HOMELAND was up 50% versus the season one premiere night (vs. 1.38 million) and up vs. the S1 finale (2.03 million), across three plays.
· Drew the largest premiere audience for a returning Showtime series (behind only DEXTER).
· Is now poised to be SHOWTIME’s No. 2 rated series.
· Season one of HOMELAND ranks as the network’s highest-rated freshman series ever, averaging 4.4 million weekly viewers across platforms in its first season. Its season one finale was the highest-rated finale for a freshman series in SHOWTIME history, with five million viewers across platforms.
· Roughly 3.1 million viewers, or 71 percent of the series’ weekly audience, watched HOMELAND S1 on a time-shifted basis (after its Sun 10 p.m. airing) — viewing replays, on their DVR, and on-demand.
· HOMELAND saw unprecedented On Demand usage in season one – and delivered over one million new viewers On Demand every week.
With 3.04 million viewers for the night and 2.4 million viewers at 9 p.m., DEXTER delivered its highest-rated premiere ever.
· DEXTER continues unprecedented growth in its premieres, up every year since its prior cycle for the sixth consecutive year.
· The premiere now ranks as the top telecast of the year for SHOWTIME, outperforming the Shameless (1.6 million, 3/4/12) by 50 percent.
· With 3.04 million viewers for the night, the season seven premiere night was up 10 percent versus season six premiere (vs. 2.76 million) and up versus the S6 finale (vs. 2.71 million).
· At 9 p.m., the seventh season debut was up 10 percent versus the S6 premiere (3.04 million vs. 2.19 million) and up versus the S6 finale (vs. 2.23 million).
· DEXTER is the No. 1 rated series on Showtime, watched by nearly 5.5 million weekly viewers across platforms in its sixth season, the series' highest rated season ever.
· Roughly 3.5 million viewers, or 65 percent of the series’ weekly audience, watched DEXTER S6 on a time-shifted basis (after its Sun 10 p.m. airing) — viewing replays, on their DVR, and On Demand.