The overnights are in for Sunday, October 28. Below is a roundup of Nielsen ratings reports:
Opposite another Sunday of substantial sports competition from Fox 2012 World Series Game 4 and NBC’s SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL (Denver Broncos-New Orleans Saints), as well as storm coverage of Hurricane Sandy, ABC held all of its delivery week to week and beat out CBS on the night by 21% in Adults 18-49.
Leaping over its lead-in by 113% in Adults 18-49 and building from start to finish, ABC’s ONCE UPON A TIME registered as Sunday’s #1 scripted broadcast series for the 5th week in a row. ONCE UPON A TIME beat out its non-sports competition from 8-9pm, drawing a larger overall audience than AMAZING RACE XXI and beating the CBS unscripted series by a resounding 42% in Adults 18-49. The Disney-owned drama once again finished #1 straight out in its hour with key Women (W18-34/W18-49).
· Season to date in the L+7 ratings, ONCE UPON A TIME jumps by 3.0 million viewers and by 1.3 Adult 18-49 rating points (+37%) over its initially-reported Live + Same Day ratings.
· Building for the 2nd week in a row, ABC’s ONCE UPON A TIME grew week to week in Adults 18-49 (+3%) to equal a best-since-season-premiere number – since 9/30/12. In addition the show spiked over the prior week with Adults 18-34 (+19%) and Women 18-34 (+30%).
During the 9 o’clock hour, ABC’s REVENGE towered over CBS’ competing drama, The Good Wife, by 50% Adults 18-49. The ABC sophomore drama also dominated the CBS veteran drama across all key Women demos (W18-34/W18-49/W25-54).
· Spiking in DVR playback, on average this season REVENGE surges from its L+SD to L+7 numbers by 2.8 million viewers and by 1.2 Adult 18-49 rating points (+43%).
During the 10 o’clock hour, ABC freshman 666 PARK AVENUE defeated CBS’ veteran THE MENTALIST in Adults 18-34 (+9%), Men 18-34 (+14%) and Women 18-34 (+14%), while tying in Adult 18-49 audience share. In fact, the new ABC drama stood as the #1 broadcast series in its time slot for the 5th week in a row with Women 18-34.
· Placing among the biggest freshman series this season in DVR playback, on average 666 PARK AVENUE sees its Live + 7 Day Adult 18-49 rating jump by 50% (+0.9 rating) and adds on another 2.1 million viewers over its Live + Same Day numbers.
· Holding steady, the ABC freshman drama retained all of its Total Viewer count from the prior week for the 2nd straight week.
On ABC, ONCE UPON A TIME garnered a 3.4 adults 18-49 rating, up 3% from last week's 3.3. REVENGE scored a 2.7 adults 18-49 rating, down 4% from last week's 2.8 adults 18-49 rating. 666 PARK AVENUE scored a 1.6 among adults 18-49, down 6% from last week's 1.7.
On CBS, THE GOOD WIFE scored a 1.8 adults 18-49 rating, down 5% from last week’s 1.9.
INTERVIEWS: AMC Cast Red Carpet Lynn Herring (Part 2) OLTL Stamford Robin Mattson Kristian Alfonso
CASTING NEWS: Darin Brooks joining B&B Michael Nader returns to AMC Hunter Tylo leaving B&B Samantha Logan joins GH
UPFRONTS: NBC FOX Univision Telemundo ABC CBS TBS/TNT CW USA
Daytime Emmy Nominations Revealed! Jeanne Cooper dead at 84 - Tribute planned
Schedule change for ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE