The daytime soap opera ratings are in for the week of September 24-28, 2012. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL and DAYS OF OUR LIVES were up in Total Viewers versus the previous week. All three soaps made gains in Women 18-49 and Male viewers as well. Y&R and THE VIEW tied for the top spot in the Women 18-34 demo with a 0.6 rating.
Total Viewers (versus last week/versus last year)
1. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 4,450,000 (+161,000/+102,000)
2. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 3,277,000 (+138,000/+434,000)
3. GENERAL HOSPITAL 2,521,000 (-57,000/-21,000)
4. DAYS OF OUR LIVES 2,356,000 (+44,000/+45,000)
GH was up in Male viewers but slightly down in Total Viewers, Women 18-49 and Women 18-34 versus the week of September 17.
For the week of September 24, 2012, powered by Tuesday's exclusive interview with President Obama, THE VIEW ranked as Daytime's #1 program for the 2nd consecutive week in Women 18-34 (213,000/0.6 rating), spiking to a 10-week high in the demo - since week of 7/16/12. In addition, this week stood as the talker's most-watched week in 19 weeks in Total Viewers (3.43 million) and in 12 weeks in Women 25-54 (815,000/1.3 rating) - since weeks of 5/14/12 and 7/2/12, respectively.
* Tuesday's first-ever joint interview with President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama delivered 4.3 million Total Viewers, standing as the series' most-watched telecast in more than four months, and its 2nd-most-watched telecast in nearly a year and a half - since 5/15/12 and 5/2/11, respectively.
* In target demos, Tuesday's show levied 4-month highs in Adults 18-49 (1.1 million/0.9 rating), Women 18-49 (793,000/1.2 rating), Adults 25-54 (1.4 million/1.2 rating) and Women 25-54 (1.0 million/1.7 rating).
Based on National ratings for the week of September 24, 2012, KATIE delivered the No. 1 position among all freshman and sophomore syndicated talk shows for the 3rd consecutive week with Households (1.8 rating), Total Viewers (2.344 million) and Women 25-54 (1.0 rating). During the week, KATIE outdrew freshman STEVE HARVEY (1.3 HH rating and 1.748 million viewers), JEFF PROBST (0.7 HH rating and 896,000 viewers) and RICKI LAKE (0.8 HH rating and 1.075 million viewers), as well as outperforming sophomore ANDERSON LIVE (1.1 HH rating and 1.363 million viewers).
KATIE built its overall audience week to week (+2% - 2.344 million vs. 2.294 million), while holding 100% of its week-ago numbers in Households, Women 25-54 and Women 18-49.
KATIE finished among TV’s Top 5 syndicated daytime talk shows for the week in Homes, Total Viewers and Women 25-54.
INTERVIEWS: Kin Shriner Lynn Herring (Part 2) Danna García Robin Mattson Kristian Alfonso
CASTING NEWS: Darin Brooks joining B&B Michelle Stafford leaving Y&R Hunter Tylo leaving B&B
UPFRONTS: NBC FOX Univision Telemundo ABC CBS TBS/TNT CW USA
Daytime Emmy Nominations Revealed! Jeanne Cooper dead at 84 - Tribute planned
Schedule change for ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE - Updated AMC/OLTL spoilers