The daytime soap opera ratings are coming in for the week of October 1-5, 2012. THE VIEW (0.7 rating/232,000) and GENERAL HOSPITAL (0.7 rating/231,000) tied as the Top 2 programs in Daytime in the Women 18-34 demo. It was GENERAL HOSPITAL's most-watched week in a one-and-a-half years.
* ABC ranked as Daytime's #1 network for the 5th week in a row in Women 18-34 (0.6 rating/197,000) and was also the #1 network in Women 18-49 (0.9 rating/566,000 - tie).
* In Women 18-34, THE VIEW (0.7 rating/232,000) and GENERAL HOSPITAL (0.7 rating/231,000) tied as the Top 2 programs in Daytime. Impressively, this marked THE VIEW's 3rd consecutive week standing as the #1 program in Daytime in Women 18-34 and its most-watched week in nearly 5 months in the demo - since week of 5/21/12.
* In its third week at 2 o'clock, GENERAL HOSPITAL tied THE VIEW as the #1 program in Daytime in Women 18-34 (0.7 rating/231,000), and, notably, recorded its most-watched week in a one-and-a-half years in Total Viewers (2.71 million), in more than a year in Women 18-34 (231,000) and in more than 4 months in Women 18-49 (663,000) and Women 25-54 (844,000), since weeks of 3/28/11, 8/15/11 and 5/28/12, respectively.
* THE CHEW delivered its most-watched week in nearly 5 months in Total Viewers (2.25 million - since week of 4/23/12), spiking by a hefty 27% over year-ago levels (vs. 1.78 million).
Source: NTI, Week of 10/1/12, Live + Same Day; PRICE IS RIGHT is average from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. All ranks/ties based on rating unless otherwise noted.
EDITOR'S NOTE: Last week was GH's fourth week at 2 not third.
CBS's THE TALK posted across-the-board increases in viewers and key women demographics versus the comparable week last year, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Oct. 5.
THE TALK was up +23% in viewers (2.25m from 1.83m), +13% in women 25-54 (0.9/06 from 0.8/05), +17% in women 18-49 (0.7/05 from 0.6/04) and +25% in women 18-34 (0.5/03 from 0.4/02).
Season-to-date, THE TALK is up +21% in viewers (2.29m from 1.90m), +11% in women 25-54 (1.0/06 from 0.9/05), +25% in women 18-34 (0.5/03 from 0.4/02) and even in women 18-49 (0.7/05).
THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS was No. 1 among daytime soap operas in Total Viewers with 4,418,000. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL was second with 3,189,000. GH third (see above). DAYS OF OUR LIVES was fourth with 2,399,000.
Y&R had 856,000 W18-49 viewers with a 1.3 rating/9 share. GH, Y&R, B&B and DAYS were all up in the Women 18-34 demo over the previous week with GH No. 1.
Based on National ratings for the week of October 1, 2012, KATIE delivered the No. 1 position among all freshman and sophomore syndicated talk shows for the 4th straight week with Households (1.7 rating), Total Viewers (2.3 million) and Women 25-54 (1.0 rating).
- VOTE: Daytime Soap Best of the Week Poll (October 8-12, 2012)
- 30 Dynamic Duos of Daytime
- 4th Annual Indie Soap Awards Coming To New World Stages Feb. 19, 2013
INTERVIEWS: Kin Shriner Lynn Herring (Part 2) Danna García Robin Mattson Kristian Alfonso
CASTING NEWS: Darin Brooks joining B&B Michelle Stafford leaving Y&R Hunter Tylo leaving B&B
Daytime Emmy Nominations Revealed! Jeanne Cooper dead at 84 - Tribute planned
Catch up on ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE - Updated AMC/OLTL spoilers