Lindsay Bushman is the latest actress set to leave THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. She has played an aged Summer Newman for the past few months.
The actress seemed happy with the direction of Y&R and her story on Sunday when she tweeted the following: "Keep an eye out for some maniacal storylines coming up :) with mi amigos @maxehrich @rgala #YR"
But just days later she had been replaced in the role tweeting: "Ahhh! #YR is being invaded by #HollywoodHeights and has replaced yet another actress on YR. Guess who?! Me. Haha well onward and upward ^"
Hunter Haley King, who played Adriana on HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS will be the new Summer.
New Y&R executive producer Jill Farren Phelps and head writer Josh Griffith took over the show this summer after working with Sony on HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS. Robert Adamson was the first actor they brought over (to play the new Noah).
In addition to Genie Francis, Debbi Morgan and Marcy Rylan leaving, actress Cooper Harris has tweeted about joining the soap but no word yet on who she will be playing.
Stay tuned for more details.
- RED CARPET INTERVIEW: Lindsay Bushman & Max Ehrich at the 39th Annual Daytime Entertainment Emmy Awards
- HOLLYWOOD HEIGHTS' Robert Adamson Joins THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
- Debbi Morgan Leaving THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS & Other Casting News
- Genie Francis Leaving THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
- Melody Thomas Scott on Working With Clint Eastwood (and John Wayne)
- Marcy Rylan Leaving THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS
- WE LOVE SOAPS TV: THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS at The Paley Center - Kate Linder, Doug Davidson, Melody Thomas Scott & Kristoff St. John
- Jill Farren Phelps Reveals Her Plans For The Young and the Restless
- WATCH: Melody Thomas Scott, Michelle Stafford and Katherine Kelly Lang Makeup Free on THE TALK