Total Viewers (versus last week/versus last year)
1. THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS 4,289,000 (+73,000/+40,000)
2. THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL 3,139,000 (-25,000/+497,000)
3. GENERAL HOSPITAL 2,578,000 (+50,000/+139,000)
4. DAYS OF OUR LIVES 2,312,000 (+15,000/-10,000)
Y&R reached a new low in Women 18-49 viewers with 734,000, but that was still enough to keep the show ranked No. 1 (THE VIEW had 639,000).
GENERAL HOSPITAL on ABC has settled in comfortably weekdays at 2 p.m., building from lead-in THE CHEW across the board and maintaining audience levels from one year earlier (when it aired at 3 p.m.). Based on the Live Plus Same Day data from Nielsen for the week of Sept. 17, GENERAL HOSPITAL versus THE CHEW increased by 350,000 total viewers (2.23 to 2.58 million), 45 percent in women 18-49 (419,000 to 609,000), 43 percent in women 25-54 (564,000 to 808,000) and 34 percent among women 18-34 (149,000 to 200,000).
GENERAL HOSPITAL compared to one year earlier was on par in total viewers and women 18-34, with erosion of just nine percent and eight percent, respectively, among women 18-49 and 25-54. THE CHEW, in contrast, continues to trail ALL MY CHILDREN from one year earlier by double-digit percentages.
- ABC Daytime Ratings: No. 1 Network Across Target Women 18-34, Women 18-49 and Women 25-54