The season finale, in which Aria, Emily, Hanna and Spencer are betrayed as someone very close to them is revealed to be part of the “A” team, exploded social media sites across America, breaking the show’s own previous records and generating more than 709,000 tweets, peaking at an impressive 36,000 tweets per minute.
Jenn Deering Davis, Founder of TweetReach, said: “The PRETTY LITTLE LIARS summer finale was another record setter for the network. Beating their own best-ever episode, last night's summer finale generated more than 709,000 tweets during the hour-long episode, and more than 1.9 million tweets during the day yesterday. Fans were actively engaged throughout the episode, with their conversations sustaining an average of 12,000 tweets per minute, with spikes up to 36,000 tweets per minute.” With an all-day catch-up marathon and finale, PRETTY LITTLE LIARS generated 1.9 million tweets, including more than 1.2 million between 8:00 and 10:00 p.m.
Moreover, according to SocialGuide, PRETTY LITTLE LIARS became the #1 “most social” TV series episode in history, breaking records with over 1.6 million comments.
Thanks to the strong finale and the launch of a new webisode series, PRETTY DIRTY SECRETS, abcfamily.com surged to its most trafficked day of 2012 on 8/28, up +81% from last Tuesday. The debut of the new PRETTY DIRTY SECRETS webisode series has generated a tremendous response from fans, with over a quarter million views in less than 24 hours.
- PRETTY DIRTY SECRETS: ABC Family's New Weekly PRETTY LITTLE LIARS Webseries
- Adam Lambert To Guest Star & Perform In PRETTY LITTLE LIARS
- INTERVIEW: Keegan Allen Previews Season 3 of PRETTY LITTLE LIARS
- INTERVIEW: Q & A with Janel Parrish, "A" from PRETTY LITTLE LIARS
- Q&A with Ian Harding of PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: Messing Around, Plot Reveals & a Mean Rib Roast
- INTERVIEW: Tyler Blackburn on PRETTY LITTLE LIARS, DAYS OF OUR LIVES and More