SHOW: LOVE OF LIFE
Bill: Gene Bua
Tess: Toni Bull
Bill and Tess had a tortured love story and were married several times over the years. They were involved in a triangle with John Randolph who was eventually murdered with Tess and Bill both going on trial (they didn't do it!). Bill died of a "rare blood disease" in 1972 and Tess left town in 1973.
One of the most popular soap opera couples of the late 1960s (and early 1970s) Bill and Tess had chemistry in spades. LOVE OF LIFE ratings were still solid while they were on the show. After they both left, ratings began to slide. Gene Bua and Toni Bull met while playing Bill & Tess, got married and are still together today. In daytime, they reunited as Steve & Denny in the final year of SOMERSET.
- Bill and Tess Sing Then He Brings Up Eloping
- Tess and Victoria talk after John's Murder
Share your thoughts on Bill and Tess in our Comments section below or on our message board.
- 50 Greatest Soap Opera Actors: The Complete List
- 50 Greatest Soap Opera Actresses: The Complete List
- THE COMPLETE LIST: 25 Biggest Blunders In Daytime Soap Opera History