Soap Opera Digest is reporting that Kirsten Storms, who left the role of GENERAL HOSPITAL's Maxie in September 2011, is in talks to return to the show.
Storms was set to make a comeback in January, but was unable to return at the last minute. Jen Lilley has been playing the role for the past nine months.
"She is returning to GH the end of this month actually in her role of Maxie. She’s happy and excited to be back, her mother, Karen Storms, said in an email to the Orlando Sentinel on Friday afternoon.
We Love Soaps spoke to Bradford Anderson, who plays Spinelli, back in January just before Storms was scheduled to come back. He talked about the process of working with a different actress.
"What I realized early on was that I had to just treat it like a new character in a sense," Anderson told us. "When Jen [Lilley] first came, I thought I had to play to her the way I would play to Kirsten. That became impossible because they are two different people. I learned that very quick."
"Jen does wonderful things," he continued, "but they are different from what Kirsten does. You can’t not react to what she’s doing and pretend someone else is there saying the lines. You have to react to what she is doing. So I realized I can’t be held up by how I think I should be reacting or how history would dictate I would react. Then it wouldn’t be organic in the moment. That’s not fair to her, it’s not fair to me, it’s not fair to the viewers. Those scenes will be their best if they are honest. You have to play it as it is instead of how it might have been."
What do you think? Are you excited that Storms might return? Liking Jen Lilley in the role? Share your thoughts in our Comments section below.
- DIRTY SOAP REVELATION: Kirsten Storms is Sick, Illness is Called "Endometriosis" (Recasting as Maxie on GENERAL HOSPITAL Explained)
- Kirsten Storms: 'Fingers crossed you'll see more of me after the New Year!'
- Kirsten Storms On Her Way Back To GENERAL HOSPITAL; On Air Late February
- UPDATE: Health Care Debate Boosts Discussion of Endometriosis; Kirsten Storms Fans Continue to Share, Pray, Wait
- GENERAL HOSPITAL's Jen Lilley: Because of unforeseen circumstances, I am staying as Maxie
- Most Fascinating People of 2011 (Kirsten Storms makes the list)
- NOMINATIONS: 3rd Annual Indie Soap Awards (Bradford Anderson nominated)