* The HLN telecast was the best in years, but at times wasn't very entertaining. The show added nine new awards but no extra time (although it did run over a bit). It seemed a bit rushed at times and a bit boring at others.
* Having produced the Indie Soap Awards earlier this year, I can not say enough about the importance of showing clips of the nominated shows and actors. The team from PRETTY The Series put together our clip packages and it made the show. It would have made this a three-hour show but HLN is repeating it all night anyway.
* I was thrilled to hear ALL MY CHILDREN and ONE LIFE TO LIVE would be given tributes but I expected nice montages versus having three actors speak eloquently about them for several minutes, even if two of those actors were Susan Lucci and Erika Slezak. Those "tributes" didn't make me miss the shows like a beautiful montage would have.
* If Jill Farren Phelps produced the Outstanding Daytime Drama, and the DAYS OF OUR LIVES writers were the Oustanding Writing Team, why were they all fired from their positions?
* Why did they show a clip of Tim Gibbs with Erika Slezak during the Outstanding Directing Team award? It certainly wasn't from last year or any recent year.
* When Oscar the Grouch opened the show telling us why he doesn't like Daytime, I was worried that Wayne "I didn't write this crap" Brady had taken over the show again.
* I picked six Daytime Drama winners correctly. I usually do much worse.
* Bill Geddie seems like a fine and successful man, but I would have rather seen a number of daytime legends awarded with the Lifetime Achievement Award first (perhaps starting with the never awarded Beverlee McKinsey).
* I applaud the producers for making this all about Daytime. There were hits and misses but they did an adequate job with less than the usual time.
Now it's your turn. Tell us what you thought about the show, the winners, the outfits, or anything else Daytime Emmys related.
Follow all the Daytime Emmy Awards news and interviews at our hub here.