About 912,000 people watched the Daytime Emmy Awards on HLN Saturday night when it premiered from 8-10 p.m. ET. The network noted that it was the most watched regularly scheduled, non-news telecast in HLN's history (if they weren't happy with the numbers, they would not have put out a press release). The telecast drew 327,000 viewers in the target adults 25-54 demo.
But, of course, everything is relative. And, for the Daytime Emmy Awards, 912,000 is its smallest audience ever especially compared to the 5.5 million viewers the show had last year on CBS, or the 5.6 million in 2010, also on CBS.
Until this past Saturday, the smallest audience the Daytime Emmy Awards had ever suffered was its 2009 telecast on CW, when it averaged 2.7 million viewers.
HLN notes that by Monday morning, after it had run the heck out of the trophy show — a total of five telecasts (repeated Saturday, June 23: 10 p.m. ET; Sunday, June 24: 8 p.m. ET, 10 p.m. ET and 12 a.m. ET) — the franchise had amassed a cumulative audience of around 2 million viewers and 677,000 adults 25-54. But, Nielsen does not weed out repeat viewers in those repeats.
- WINNERS: 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards
- NANCY LEE GRAHN: Emmy Speech Revealed On WINDY CITY LIVE
- FIRST THOUGHTS: 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards
- Anthony Geary Wins Record 7th Daytime Emmy Award: We Were Almost Canceled In Favor Of A Surefire Ratings Bonanza, CELEBRITY BOOB JOBS GONE WRONG
- PHOTOS: 39th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards
- RED CARPET INTERVIEW: James Scott at the 39th Annual Daytime Creative Emmys, 'Sami, you marry me or I marry your boy!'
- RED CARPET INTERVIEW: Maria Arena Bell at the 39th Annual Daytime Entertainment Creative Arts Emmy Awards
INTERVIEWS: Kin Shriner Lynn Herring (Part 2) Danna García Robin Mattson Kristian Alfonso
CASTING NEWS: Darin Brooks joining B&B Michelle Stafford leaving Y&R Hunter Tylo leaving B&B
Daytime Emmy Nominations Revealed! Jeanne Cooper dead at 84 - Tribute planned
Catch up on ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE - Updated AMC/OLTL spoilers