Andy Mientus, most recently in Off-Broadway's "Carrie," has joined the cast of SMASH as a series regular for the second season. He will play Kyle, "a poor kid from Brooklyn with dreams of writing for Broadway."
His roommate, "Bonnie & Clyde" star Claybourne Elder, tweeted the news: "So proud/excited for my roomie @andymientus as he joins the second season of Smash!!! Not basic!!"
Kyle is the best friend of another new character, Jimmy, being played by "Newsies" star Jeremy Jordan.
- SMASH Saved by Delayed Viewership
- Jennifer Hudson To Guest On Multi-Episode Arc Of SMASH
- Jeremy Jordan Joins SMASH Season 2 Cast; Will Continue In 'Newsies'
- SMASH Season 2 Scoop: Three Characters Out, New Ones On The Way
- NOMINATIONS: Teen Choice 2012 - SECRET LIFE, SMASH, REVENGE, GLEE, PRETTY LITTLE LIARS