Kristina on a rampage, Jason versus John, and Maxie's new marriage highlighted Wednesday's GENERAL HOSPITAL (May 30, 2012). Below is my best and worst, and a grade for the day.
* Bradford Anderson continues to shine as poor Spinelli deals with the fallout of Maxie's marriage to Matt. When he tears up, I tear up. Kudos to Jen Lilley as well. #Maxie trended during the East Coast airing of GH. (Note: It is the #YearOfTheSoap)
* My first thought when Kristina's crew walked into Alexis' house was, "They can't air this anywhere without everyone signing waivers." But by the end Kristina was blackmailing everyone to appear or else they would never see her again. At least there was an explanation for that. And I had to laugh when the slate guy slated the first take in front of Sonny.
* Kudos to Molly Lansing-Davis for always being the voice of reason. She's going to run this town someday.
* Luke and Tracy are usually funny and now that they have a reason to work together it's even better.
* I have never liked Jason's whining about John and Sam but his conversation with McBain today was more toned down and relatable.
* Enjoying the return of Felicia. Not as much as Anna and Heather but more than I thought I would.
* I never really cared about Anthony Zacchara so seeing Johnny with his ghost just makes me start multitasking until the next scene comes on.
* I know there is no drama if TV cops nail the right murderer right off the bat, but why can't their be an intelligent investigation resulting in the police finding the right person using their brains and skills? It happens in primetime all the time. When Dante showed up to bring Luke in, I just rolled my eyes.
* While enjoying some aspects of the MOB PRINCESS story today, the only way this is going to work is if it is extremely smart or really clever and probably both. Today there were hints of this but I spent more time thinking about the things wrong with it. The jury is still out on the shaky cam during the "reality" scenes with the regular camera work on the rest.
GRADE FOR THE DAY: B
Bradford Anderson's Spinelli pouring his heart out to Maxie was tops for me today. Share your best and worst of the day in our Comments section.
- EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Lindsey Morgan On Her GENERAL HOSPITAL Debut (Part 1 of 2)
- COMPLETE LIST: 25 Biggest Blunders In Daytime Soap Opera History (September 2011)
- Laura Wright To Guest On THE CHEW May 31
- Daytime Emmys Will Air On HLN June 23 (press release)
- TELENOVELA WATCH: Compelling Debut For OJO POR OJO; New Series AMORCITO CORAZON; Plus, UNA MAID EN MANHATTAN, EMPERATRIZ & More