* Lindsey Morgan seems like a terrific actress, stepping into the role of Kristina. She held her own with powerhouses Maurice Benard and Nancy Lee Grahn. Actually, she commanded those scenes. If the character is written well, Morgan is going to thrive.
* Spinelli and Maxie are great together and the entire group was the most enjoyable story to watch. As Felicia said, Maxie is unpredictable and she shocked everyone when she walked back into the courtroom and announced she doesn't have to testify against Matt because they are now married.
* Sonny's snarl when Kristina mentioned a grad student made us laugh.
* The backstory for John's sister seemed a bit of a stretch but the character continues to be enjoyable on GH in a different way than he was on ONE LIFE TO LIVE.
* Anna Devane. She may make this list every day for the rest of my life.
* While Lindsey Morgan give the Kristina scenes her all, the storyline is pretty convoluted and unoriginal after Day One. First, it seems like soap children have to come back with a chip on their shoulder these days (for some unexplained reason). Second, Sonny pulled strings to get her into Yale. I could see her being miffed but it is no tragedy (as Sonny pointed out).
* The MOB PRINCESS reality show idea instantly gave us nightmares (or daymares) about Abby's THE NAKED HEIRESS on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. It's hard to believe this could be that bad, but watching soap kids with a chip on their shoulder has gotten so old. It's threatening to appear on a future blunders list.
GRADE FOR THE DAY: B+
The episode was enjoyable and acted well. Kristina's story just didn't ring true to me. But what did you think? Share your best and worst of the day in our Comments section.
- COMPLETE LIST: 25 Biggest Blunders In Daytime Soap Opera History (September 2011)
- Laura Wright To Guest On THE CHEW May 31
- Daytime Emmys Will Air On HLN June 23 (press release)
- TELENOVELA WATCH: Compelling Debut For OJO POR OJO; New Series AMORCITO CORAZON; Plus, UNA MAID EN MANHATTAN, EMPERATRIZ & More