In addition to lots of candid cast photos, including color snaps of Doug Sheehan, Lisa Lindgren, Lieux Dressler, Anthony Geary, Renee Anderson and Tristan Rogers, we appreciated the "day-in-the-life" set-up. One thing's for sure--starring in a daytime soap opera will always be a very time-consuming proposition.
Entitled "A DAY IN THE LIFE OF GENERAL HOSPITAL: Creating a Hit Show Every Day is More Than a Nine-to-Five Job," this peek behind-the-scenes describes the schedule of an average day at GH in a way that facilitates comparison with more mundane careers.
The song says the daily grind is "Nine-to--Five" but for the citizens of Port Charles the situation is reversed, their days are usually, Five-to-Nine! General Hospital didn't get to be the number one soap opera by taking an easygoing route.
We've also reproduced the colorful front and back cover of the magazine, in which the the day-in-the-life exclusive ran on pages 7 to 12. Please click on the image of each page to expand it into it's own window. Then, you can click again to view an even larger, nicely readable version.
- FLASHBACK: Gloria Monty Returns to GENERAL HOSPITAL 1991
- SHAKE-UP: Frank Valentini & Ron Carlivati Named Exec Producer & Head Writer of GENERAL HOSPITAL
- GENERAL HOSPITAL FLASHBACK: A Complete Guide to Who's Who (And What Their Up To) in Port Charles
- FLASHBACK: Story of GENERAL HOSPITAL 1963-1975
- GENERAL HOSPITAL Renewed! THE REVOLUTION Canceled