The daytime Nielsen ratings are in for the week of March 5-9, 2012. THE REVOLUTION hit a new low. Below is a roundup of ratings reports:
From TV Media Insights:
All is not well on the alphabet network in daytime talk, with week eight of THE REVOLUTION dipping to a series-low 1.40 million viewers – 40 percent below year-ago occupant ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Erosion in the three key female demos from the beloved soap ranged from 44 to 50 percent. THE CHEW, meanwhile, finished close to year-ago levels compared to ALL MY CHILDREN, which is now the traditional pattern.
Total Viewers (versus last week/versus last year)
1. Y&R 4,275,000 (-78,000/-550,000)
2. B&B 3,063,000 (-36,000/+252,000)
3. DAYS 2,429,000 (-119,000/-59,000)
4. GH 2,344,000 (-59,000/-343,000)
Female 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 878,000 (+8,000/-126,000)
2. B&B 657,000 (-28,000/+95,000)
3. GH 629,000 (-28,000/-130,000)
4. DAYS 553,000 (-19,000/-135,000)
Due to lower than expected ratings in primetime Univision moved much-anticipated soap EL TALISMAN to 1 p.m. ET starting March 12.