THE TALK, CBS's daytime talk show, delivered its largest audience and women 18-49 ratings in nearly a year, according to Nielsen live plus same day ratings for the week ending Jan.20.
THE TALK averaged 2.39 million viewers and 0.9/05 in women 18-49, the best in both categories since the week ending Feb. 4. 2011.
Compared to the same week last year, THE TALK was up +12% in viewers (vs. 2.13m), +29% in women 18-49 (vs. 0.7/04) and +10% in women 25-54 (1.1/06 from 1.0/05).
In head-to-head competition, THE TALK also topped the premiere week of ABC's THE REVOLUTION by decisive margins in viewers and key women demographics. THE TALK out-rated THE REVOLUTION in viewers by +42% (2.39m vs. 1.68m), by +50% in women 18-49 (0.9/06 vs. 0.6/03) and by +38% in women 25-54 (1./06 vs. 0.8/04).
The lack of having ONE LIFE TO LIVE as a lead-in has already started impacting GENERAL HOSPITAL ratings. The show had an all-time low household rating of 1.6 and an all-time low number of Women 18-49 viewers (530,000). The non-ABC daytime soap operas were up in the ratings!
Total Viewers (From SON):
1. Y&R 5,061,000 (+274,000/-121,000) - versus last week/last year
2. B&B 3,471,000 (+137,000/+281,000)
3. DAYS 2,528,000 (+104,000/-191,000)
4. GH 2,209,000 (-348,000/-471,000)
- Daytime TV Ratings: Week Of January 9-13, 2012 - OLTL 3.85 Million on Friday, #2 in W18-49 Demo For Week