Barbara Walters and the other co-hosts of ABC's morning show, THE VIEW, returned Tuesday to talk about what they did on their time off this summer.
Whoopi Goldberg welcomed the audience to the new season and then praised the show's new set and thanked the crew for its building and design. Then Barbara Walters showed the full-page ad that ABC took out in the New York Times to celebrate the show's 15th season. She then proceeded to thanked "Brian Frons, Anne Sweeney and the people at ABC" for their support. Must be nice to be a show supported by ABC Daytime.
Then Sherri Shepherd and Joy Behar talked about their summer weddings. With Shepherd, it was too much information as usual.
"One of my bridesmaids, I think it was Niecy ... said, 'Don't wear any underwear,’" Shepherd said. "They knew me and Sal had been celibate for 11 months, so anything [I could] do to get him turned back on [was encouraged.]"
The show's first guest for the new season was New York City major, Michael Bloomberg, who talked about the upcoming 10th anniversary commemoration of the attacks of 9/11 and about the city's safety and preparedness for any future attacks. When Barbara Walters asked him if he would consider running for president, the mayor replied with a flat, "No."
The show ended with Walters introducing Carla Hall, a co-host of the new ABC cooking show, THE CHEW, who wheeled out wedding cakes for Joy Behar (carrot) and Sherri Shepherd (red velvet). The show raised a toast to the co-host brides.
If ABC wants THE VIEW to be watched by soap fans, THE CHEW crossovers are not the way to go. Perhaps they can put another ad in the New York Times in a few weeks, this time congratulating ALL MY CHILDREN on 41 years.
- Susan Lucci Rips Brian Frons In New Paperback Version Of Her Memoir: I watched Brian Frons' decisions destroy the production of our show
- TV Guide Network Paying Tribute To ALL MY CHILDREN With 1-Hour Special On Sept. 11
- Sarah Michelle's Character On AMC Will Be...
- EXCLUSIVE: Justin Bruening To Guest Star On CSI: NEW YORK
- Last Day Of Taping ABC's ALL MY CHILDREN: Soap Stars React on Twitter
- Ricky Paull Goldin: End of ABC's ALL MY CHILDREN "Like A Crime Scene", Working on Soap Spoof Web Series CEREALITY
- Agnes Nixon Created Big Cliffhanger For AMC Ending
- ABC Confirms AMC/OLTL Licensed to Prospect Park
- Prospect Park, ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE: Five Things Every Soap Fan Should Know about Daytime's New Powerhouse
- PRESS RELEASE: Prospect Park Names Technology Pioneer Stratton Sclavos as Partner & Member of Executive Team in Company's Online TV Venture
- FLASHBACK: Susan Lucci 1971 - "If You Can't Make It To The Top By Being A Good Girl, Then It's Not Worth It"
INTERVIEWS: Kin Shriner Lynn Herring (Part 2) Danna García Robin Mattson Kristian Alfonso
CASTING NEWS: Darin Brooks joining B&B Michelle Stafford leaving Y&R Hunter Tylo leaving B&B
Daytime Emmy Nominations Revealed! Jeanne Cooper dead at 84 - Tribute planned
Catch up on ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE - Updated AMC/OLTL spoilers