Lucci rips ABC Daytime chief Brian Frons for both the decisions he made that led to the show's demise and his seeming glee in delivering the news.
"An iconic show was losing out to greed ... If Brian Frons could show his bosses that he could save the network 40 percent ... he could keep his job even if the rest of us lost ours," she writes, referencing the decision to go with a cheaper show -- food talk show THE CHEW -- in the place of the classic soap. "I watched Brian Frons' decisions destroy the production of our show and the lives of people on both sides of the country."
According to Lucci, after Frons told the cast that the show would be ending, he seemed to be "self-congratulatory." As she described it, Frons had both "ignorance and arrogance," adding that she couldn't think of "any network executive choosing to alienate millions of loyal viewers in these economic times."
In the epilogue, Lucci was tempted to call the network and leave a voicemail, saying, "F.U., and your little dog too," but decided against it.
According to The New York Post, ABC responded, saying, "We have all the respect in the world for Susan, and are sorry she felt the need to write this epilogue to an otherwise incredible career."
- TV Guide Network Paying Tribute To ALL MY CHILDREN With 1-Hour Special On Sept. 11
- Sarah Michelle's Character On AMC Will Be...
- EXCLUSIVE: Justin Bruening To Guest Star On CSI: NEW YORK
- Last Day Of Taping ABC's ALL MY CHILDREN: Soap Stars React on Twitter (Updated)
- Ricky Paull Goldin: End of ABC's ALL MY CHILDREN "Like A Crime Scene", Working on Soap Spoof Web Series CEREALITY
- Agnes Nixon Created Big Cliffhanger For AMC Ending
- ABC Confirms AMC/OLTL Licensed to Prospect Park
- Prospect Park, ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE: Five Things Every Soap Fan Should Know about Daytime's New Powerhouse
- Walt Willey: "We just got our proposal two nights ago"
- Walt Willey: "We haven't been spoken to about salaries or benefits or unions or anything like that"
- PRESS RELEASE: Prospect Park Names Technology Pioneer Stratton Sclavos as Partner & Member of Executive Team in Company's Online TV Venture
- Will ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE Air On Cable After The Web?
- Wall Street Journal: Deal Gives Prospect Park Exclusive Rights For More Than A Decade
- AMC and OLTL cast members meet with AFTRA on Prospect Park move
- ALL MY CHILDREN's Rebecca Budig: I Wanted Leo and Greenlee to End Up Together
- FLASHBACK: Susan Lucci 1971 - "If You Can't Make It To The Top By Being A Good Girl, Then It's Not Worth It"