In a new interview with TVGuide.com, Susan Lucci shares her excitement about the ending of the ABC version of ALL MY CHILDREN on September 23.
"To me, knowing how Agnes [Nixon] writes, it was not shocking that she would do that. Like any great novel, when you put it down you say, 'Well, then what?' I knew she wouldn't tie it up in a neat bow, and she really didn't. There are several cliff-hangers."
"We did not wrap everything up with people fading into the sunset with happy endings," Nixon added. It's a continued story and the last episode, we think, will make people want to come back very much to get some answers!"
Add Jordi Vilasuso in a separate interview, "I think it's hard to wrap up 42 years in 40 minutes."
- Mental Floss: Sex & Death in the Afternoon - An Oral History of the American Soap Opera (Lucci, Nixon, Riegel, Carruthers)
- Agnes Nixon Created Big Cliffhanger For ALL MY CHILDREN Ending, Will Consult
- Sarah Michelle's Character On AMC Will Be...
- Last Day Of Taping ABC's ALL MY CHILDREN: Soap Stars React on Twitter (Updated)
- TV Guide Network Paying Tribute To ALL MY CHILDREN With 1-Hour Special On Sept. 11
- Ricky Paull Goldin: End of ABC's ALL MY CHILDREN "Like A Crime Scene", Working on Soap Spoof Web Series CEREALITY
- Agnes Nixon Created Big Cliffhanger For AMC Ending
- FLASHBACK: Agnes Nixon - They're Happy To Be Hooked 1968
- EXCLUSIVE: Justin Bruening To Guest Star On CSI: NEW YORK
INTERVIEWS: AMC Cast Red Carpet Lynn Herring (Part 2) OLTL Stamford Robin Mattson Kristian Alfonso
CASTING NEWS: Darin Brooks joining B&B Michael Nader returns to AMC Hunter Tylo leaving B&B Samantha Logan joins GH
UPFRONTS: NBC FOX Univision Telemundo ABC CBS TBS/TNT CW USA
Daytime Emmy Nominations Revealed! Jeanne Cooper dead at 84 - Tribute planned
Schedule change for ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE