In August 1973 Daytime TV magazine continued their series "The Complete Story of..." with DAYS OF OUR LIVES.
The 12-page feature told the story of DAYS up until that point and included information about the original cast, photos from the beginning and behind the scenes details. It also talked about the origins of the show and how it became a success. ("We make every effort to do a first-rate show, one whose standards match that of nighttime programming. One of the main factors to which we can attribute its longevity is the level of writing maintained by William Bell, our head writer since 1966.")
Other details include an explanation of "How It's Written," DAYS romances, and a look at the show's "woman producer" Betty Corday.
(click to expand)
- FLASHBACK: Backstage at DAYS OF OUR LIVES 1974
- FLASHBACK: Why did Addie Williams Have to Die on DAYS OF OUR LIVES?
- FLASHBACK: Catch Up with The Hortons and The Andersons - A 1976 DAYS OF OUR LIVES Summary
- FLASHBACK: "Bill Hayes & Susan Seaforth" Bring DAYS OF OUR LIVES to the Cover of Time Magazine
- FLASHBACK: In 1976, DAYS OF OUR LIVES Cast Was the "Most Musical"
- FLASHBACK: DAYS OF OUR LIVES Hits #1 1988
- FLASHBACK: August 1973, 1974, 1975 - What Was Popular In The Soap World
- FLASHBACK: The Story of GENERAL HOSPITAL, Part 1
- FLASHBACK: The Story of GENERAL HOSPITAL, Part 2
- FLASHBACK: The Story of GENERAL HOSPITAL, Part 3
- FLASHBACK: Great Courtroom Trials - ALL MY CHILDREN's Jeff Martin
- FLASHBACK: Great Courtroom Trials - GUIDING LIGHT's Leslie Bauer
- FLASHBACK: Great Courtroom Trials - ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Larry Wolek
- FLASHBACK: The Love Story of Phil Brent & Tara Martin on ALL MY CHILDREN
- FLASHBACK: The Love Story of Steve Frame & Alice Matthews on ANOTHER WORLD
- FLASHBACK: The Love Story of Bob & Kim (& Jennifer & John) on AS THE WORLD TURNS
- FLASHBACK: Ellen Holly's "Living a White Life -- for a While" 1969