Each year, a broadcast network will receive 500 pitches, which becomes 70 scripts, then 20 pilots and 4 to 8 pickups.
Daytime Soap Opera Ratings for the Week of May 2-6, 2011
Total Viewers (versus last week/versus last year)
1. Y&R 4,543,000 (-272,000/-525,000)
2. B&B 2,823,000 (-216,000/-286,000)
3. OLTL 2,498,000 (-46,000/+173,000)
4. GH 2,379,000 (-145,000/-279,000)
5. AMC 2,335,000 (-89,000/-103,000)
6. DAYS 2,239,000 (-160,000/-258,000)
1. Y&R 3.3/11 (-.1/-.3)
2. B&B 2.0/7 (-.2/-.2) --- ties low
3. OLTL 1.9/6 (same/+.2)
4. AMC 1.8/6 (same/-.1)
4. GH 1.8/6 (-.1/-.1)
6. DAYS 1.7/6 (-.1/-.2) --- ties low
NBC picks up THE PLAYBOY CLUB
The Playboy '60s-set drama stars Amber Heard, David Krumholtz and Eddie Cibrian.
NBC rejects WONDER WOMAN
The David E. Kelley reboot starring Adrianne Palicki failed to pass muster among the NBC brass.
NBC renews PARENTHOOD
The drama was renewed due to its upscale audience, solid ratings and stellar DVR numbers.
Fox Pulls the Trigger on Its Upfront Pickups: What's Ordered, Dead and Likely to Be Retooled
The network adds new series, including J.J. Abrams' drama ALCATRAZ, comedy THE NEW GIRL and BONES spinoff THE FINDER.
NBC Cancels THE EVENT, Talks Underway To Continue The Show Elsewhere
Talks are underway with at least one distribution partner to take over the serialized drama.