ABC Daytime is launching a series of "What If" webisodes on abc.com and soapnet.com in July that answer the question, "What would happen if two characters from different soaps ran into each other, what would they say?" In a 10-part series that will also air in cut-down-versions on ABC Daytime and SOAPnet, viewers will see well-known characters from ALL MY CHILDREN, ONE LIFE TO LIVE and GENERAL HOSPITAL interact with one another, and will be privy to their conversations. ONE LIFE TO LIVE's executive producer, Frank Valentini, will direct the webisode series.
The characters who will interact are:
* ALL MY CHILDREN's Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) and GENERAL HOSPITAL's Sonny Corinthos (Maurice Benard)
* GENERAL HOSPITAL's Luke Spencer (Anthony Geary) and ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Viki Banks (Erika Slezak)
* ALL MY CHILDREN's Ryan Lavery (Cameron Mathison) and GENERAL HOSPITAL's Carly Jacks (Laura Wright)
* ALL MY CHILDREN's Greenlee Smythe (Rebecca Budig) and GENERAL HOSPITAL's Jason Morgan (Steve Burton)
* ONE LIFE TO LIVE's John McBain (Michael Easton) and GENERAL HOSPITAL's Sam McCall (Kelly Monaco)
* ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Todd Manning (Trevor St. John) and GENERAL HOSPITAL's Damian Spinelli (Bradford Anderson)
* ALL MY CHILDREN's Angie and Jesse Hubbard (Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams) and ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Starr Manning (Kristen Alderson)
* ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Blair Cramer (Kassie DePaiva) and ALL MY CHILDREN's Tad Martin (Michael E. Knight)
* ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Tess (Bree Williamson) and GENERAL HOSPITAL's Dante Falconeri (Dominic Zamprogna)
* GENERAL HOSPITAL's Maxie Jones (Kirsten Storms) and ONE LIFE TO LIVE's Rex Balsom (John- Paul Lavoisier)
"We are always looking for ways to drive deeper viewer engagement with our fans," said Adam Rockmore, SVP, Marketing, ABC Daytime and SOAPnet. "These webisodes are a fun way to answer a long-standing fan question about what would happen in a soap-mash-up."
The webisodes will be derivative of the characters and their unique past, but are not related to current storyline. They are also available for multiple platform sponsorship and product integration.
INTERVIEWS: Kin Shriner Lynn Herring (Part 2) Danna García Robin Mattson Kristian Alfonso
CASTING NEWS: Darin Brooks joining B&B Michelle Stafford leaving Y&R Hunter Tylo leaving B&B
Daytime Emmy Nominations Revealed! Jeanne Cooper dead at 84 - Tribute planned
Catch up on ALL MY CHILDREN & ONE LIFE TO LIVE - Updated AMC/OLTL spoilers